10.04.2013

Cheese.


Work has put me in a routine.
It goes a little like this--

Alarm, snooze, 
morning routine,
morning traffic,
draw draw draw,
head home,
more traffic, 
dinner or the occasional hangout, 
yadayada,
sleep

It can get a little monotonous..
especially the parts of the day where I just stare at car bumpers for-evahh.

I feel like I had such a horrible work ethic throughout schooling, 
even with all the exciting projects and challenges.

But now I'm drawing cheese all day. 
I'm exaggerating..not really.

Yet I love it.. 
I do. I really really do.

- - -

An excerpt from something I read for church group:

"...perhaps God is strong enough to exult in monotony.

It is possible that God says every morning, "Do it again" to the sun;
and every evening, "Do it again" to the moon.

It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; 
it may be that God makes every daisy separately,
but he has never tired of making them...

The repetition in Nature may not be a mere recurrence;
it may be a theatrical encore."

-G.K. Chesterton

- - -

my prayer:

I want all these curdled milk illustrations to be a reflection of God's beautiful daisy artistry.
Seems so immediately mundane, repetitive, and monotonous,
but at the end of the day,
I won't tire of it. 

I'll just do it again. 


ugh, God is so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment