6.06.2013

Brain & iPhone dump // Disney World

The last time I was here was in 1995. My dad had won some sort of trip package from work, and I'm pretty sure he told the travel agent I was 6, when I was really 5. I  remember two magical things from this trip: my airplane outfit and only wanting to ride Dumbo. Yeah, I was fun. 

Now here we are 18 years later with my sister, who was only an image in God's creative mind back in '95. My dad keeps reminding me of his memories from that trip..especially how I was super moody the entire time. 

Besides the fact that I'm actually aware of it now, I can be JUST as moody as I was 18 years ago. It's true. 

You put this introvert in a small shared space for more than 24 hours, and my inner angry monster child will come out...not too different from the monster prompted when I'm "hangry" (hungry angry). 

Family vacations tend to bring out the best and the worst in me. I need my space after a certain time with other beings. I get tired. I get moody. I'm not graceful. 

This trip's no different. 

I've been loving all the free wifi here at the Disney resorts/parks. They really are super accommodating (don't get me started about the pricey ponchos and drink mugs though..). Is it lame that all this wifi has pushed me to take even more photos than usual? There's something special about actual in-the-moment instagrams, way more exciting that my usual "latergrams". 

This is a first world problem. This entire post has/and will continue to be a first world problem. 

So reflecting on my panicky, testy moments from this trip, I then think about all of the photos I've taken throughout. They're peaceful slices of the trip.

Happy, beautiful memories:





















Two weeks from now, I'll forget about the "hangry" and only remember the happy. I'm quick like that. 

Although only by the grace of God. Seriously. 

- - - - -

" Our Lord never put His trust in any person. Yet He was never suspicious, never bitter, and never lost hope for anyone, because He put His trust in God first. 

He trusted absolutely in what God’s grace could do for others. 

If I put my trust in human beings first, the end result will be my despair and hopelessness toward everyone. I will become bitter because I have insisted that people be what no person can ever be— absolutely perfect and right. Never trust anything in yourself or in anyone else, except the grace of God." utmost.org

No comments:

Post a Comment